- What does EMCORE do?
- EMCORE Corporation is a leading provider of advanced Mixed-Signal Optics products that provide the foundation for today’s high-speed communication network infrastructures and leading-edge defense systems. Our optical chips, components, subsystems and systems enable broadband and wireless providers to continually enhance their network capacity, speed and coverage to advance the free flow of information that empowers the lives of millions of people daily. The Mixed-Signal Optics technology at the heart of our broadband transmission products is shared with our fiber optic gyros and military communications links to provide the aerospace and defense markets state-of-the-art systems that keep us safe in an increasingly unpredictable world. EMCORE’s performance-leading optical components and systems serve a broad array of applications including cable television, fiber-to-the-premise networks, telecommunications, wireless infrastructure, satellite RF fiber links, navigation systems and military communications.
- Who are EMCORE's Customers?
- EMCORE's target customers include cable television equipment systems providers, telecommunications optical networking suppliers, data centers, satellite communications systems and service providers, government, aerospace and defense industry customers including military and government contractors and other leading electronics, communications and fiber optics industry firms.
- What is EMCORE's ticker symbol and CUSIP number?
- EMCORE's common stock is traded on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol EMKR. The CUSIP number for EMKR common stock is 290846104. The CUSIP number is a nine-character number that uniquely identifies a particular security. CUSIP is an acronym for the Committee on Uniform Securities and Identification Procedures, the standards body which created and maintains the classification system. Foreign securities have a similar number, called the CINS number.
- How many EMCORE shares are outstanding?
- The number of shares common stock outstanding as of September 30, 2018 was ~27M.
- When did EMCORE go public?
- EMCORE's initial public offering took place on March 11, 1997.
- How do I buy EMCORE stock? Can I buy shares directly from EMCORE?
- EMKR does not sell shares directly to the public, but EMCORE shares may be purchased through your stockbroker or other registered broker.
- Has there ever been a stock split?
- EMCORE declared a two-for-one stock split effective September 25, 2000. On February 15, 2012 EMCORE completed a 4:1 reverse stock split.
- How can I get copies of EMCORE's SEC filings?
- Electronic versions of EMCORE's SEC filings are available on this website at SEC filings and also at NASDAQ.com
- How can I get EMCORE financial documents?
- Electronic versions of EMCORE financial information are available on this website at Financial information and also on NASDAQ.com at EMCORE Corporation (EMKR) Company Financials
- What is EMCORE's dividend policy? Does EMCORE have a dividend re-investment plan (DRIP)?
- The Company has announced a special dividend on July 6, 2016 to distribute $1.50 per share payable on July 29, 2016 to shareholders of record as of July 18, 2016. The company does not have a DRIP. For information on the special dividend please read the Press Release, the EMCORE Special Dividend FAQ and IRS Form 8937 as filed 9.9.16.
- Who are EMCORE's accountants?
- EMCORE's independent auditors are KPMG LLP, 20 Pacifica 700 Irvine, CA 92618, 949-885-5400 Voice, 949-885-5410 Fax
- Who is EMCORE's transfer agent and registrar and how can I reach them?
- EMCORE's stockholders with questions about lost stock certificates, name changes, etc., should contact EMCORE's transfer agent and registrar, American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, 40 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005, 718-921-8380.
- When is EMCORE's fiscal year end?
- EMCORE's fiscal year end is September.
- How can I listen to the webcast for the earnings report?
- EMCORE's recorded earnings webcasts are available on this website at Investor Conferences & Presentations
- Where is EMCORE located?
- EMCORE's headquarters is located at:
2015 Chestnut Street
Alhambra, CA 91803 USA
EMCORE also has offices around the world, for a full list of these locations, please visit our Contact Us page
- Where is EMCORE incorporated?
- We were established in 1984 as a New Jersey corporation.
- How many employees does EMCORE have?
- EMCORE's number of employees varies, but is currently approximately 365.
- I think my product is broken, how can I get an RMA?
- For information on product support please visit our Support web page and select your product support category to direct your inquiry to the appropriate department.
- How can I get a product manual?
- For product manuals please visit our Support web page and select your product support category to direct your inquiry to the appropriate department.